Harness the Power of Modified COTS
Modern embedded computing applications demand that the latest advanced and size, weight and power (SWaP)-optimized processor, networking and I/O technologies be delivered within ever shorter development schedules at minimal NRE cost. This creates challenges for system integrators who need to build a modern technical solution quickly, while staying on budget.
Building your solution with Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) hardware saves you time, money, and reduces your risk - but if your program has unique requirements not built into the original COTS hardware, or needs a specifically tailored solution, how will that affect your bottom line? Developing your own solution is a hassle, and will cost integrators precious time they don’t have. When you need to architect the perfect solution, Curtiss-Wright’s Modified COTS (MCOTS) program will help address all your customer’s development requirements – ranging from the design and manufacture of custom boards, board support software packages and drivers and providing rapid subsystem pre-integration capabilities - that will give you a competitive edge.
How Can MCOTS Help you?
Modifying our COTS solutions at the board or system level to suit your unique requirements will help you:
- Save money - save 40 to 60% or more on project costs by leveraging our IP investment and COTS development infrastructure.
- Reduce risk – keep your program going for the long haul with our longevity of supply and technical support services.
- Accelerate your time to market - start your application development right away using COTS products, and save 4 to 8 months of overall development time.
We provide two types of MCOTS capabilities – board modification and subsystem pre-integration services.
MCOTS Board Modification
Sometimes your application requires modules with a custom pinout, an extra I/O interface, or special configuration not available on the standard variant of a COTS boards. Curtiss-Wright’s engineering team will carefully analyze your system requirements and modify your chosen module to meet your unique needs.
MCOTS Subsystem Pre-integration Services
Embedded systems are made up of a variety of parts, and ensuring those parts function properly together can be a daunting task. Instead of dealing with the hassle, risk, time and cost issues associated with pre-integrating various COTS hardware and software components into the subsystems yourself, take advantage of our modular, scalable hardware offering expansion capabilities. We can pre-integrate your subsystem rapidly to your specific platform needs and deliver a turnkey solution - with all the applicable drivers, modules, I/O interfaces and data storage you need - with qualification testing and interoperability analysis already complete. Not only that, we can generally provide this service without traditional high Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) costs. You get the highly reliable system you need quickly, and affordably.
No matter which MCOTS experience you choose, you can expect the following from our team:
- In-depth requirements capture, definition and specification generation and review
- Detailed design processes, including critical design reviews, and highly flexible development and manufacturing options
- In-depth and thorough mechanical engineering development and analysis, uniquely tailored to support highly ruggedized product design and testing
- Comprehensive board support package (BSP) software development, porting and testing
- Optimal software driver integration
- Comprehensive board support package (BSP) development and porting
- Optimal software driver integration
- Experienced safety/security certification and artifact generation
- The best COTS longevity of supply and obsolescence management services available
- Effective long term product re-engineering and cost reduction strategies