Today’s defense applications demand smaller, faster and smarter technology to maximize performance while minimizing size, weight and power (SWaP). What’s more, defense technology must provide strong, dependable protection against environmental, cybersecurity, and anti-tamper vulnerabilities, and a well-supported lifecycle throughout the duration of today’s defense programs.
Our selection of rugged embedded computing modules, 3U and 6U VPX systems, and small form factor mission computers have been trusted and field proven in defense, commercial, and industrial applications for decades.
Curtiss-Wright offers a wide selection of processor boards to meet your unique environmental and usage requirements. Designed to be highly reliable to ensure safe operation, Curtiss-Wright rugged single board computers (SBCs) support Intel, Power Architecture and Arm processor families in 3U VPX, 6U VPX, 6U VME, and XMC mezzanine form factors. As well, we offer a selection of high-performance digital signal processing (DSP) modules with the processing power required for the most demanding C4ISR applications.
Our commitment to open standards, such as SOSA™, CMOSS, and VICTORY, enhances your competitive edge by reducing your integration risk, lowering your upgrade costs, and accelerating your deployment of the applications warfighters need most.
For programs with DO-254 requirements, our selection safety-certifiable rugged SBCs are delivered with a full artifacts package to reduce the risk, cost, and development time required to reach certification.
To defend both mission success and safety from compromise, embedded computer systems must be designed to withstand today's varied and sophisticated security threats. Many of our processor cards are built with Curtiss-Wright TrustedCOTS™ protections against physical and remote attacks, as well as hardware and software failures. These boards are designed using cutting-edge Trusted Computing techniques and mechanisms to enable the safe, reliable operation of embedded systems. TrustedCOTS products provide confidence not only that systems are secure and un-compromised, but that critical data or IP will not benefit adversaries if hardware falls into enemy hands.
Choose your rugged SBC or DSP module:
- 3U and 6U VPX Digital Signal Processors: Our DSP computing solutions are tailored to the needs of the most demanding defense applications such as radar, sonar, signals intelligence (SIGINT), electronic warfare (EW), and image processing.
- 3U VPX Single Board Computers: Optimized for SWaP-constrained applications, our 3U OpenVPX solutions offer different levels of performance, power, and cost – all within a compact package.
- 6U VPX Single Board Computers: This set of COTS modules delivers high performance, I/O flexibility and large amounts of on-board memory to support data-intensive embedded applications.
- 6U VME Single Board Computers: Our VME SBCs feature the latest processing and Trusted Computing technology to bring modern performance and security levels to existing VME systems.
- PMC/XMC Single Board Computers: These rugged SBCs enable systems integrators to add powerful capability without occupying an extra slot.
Curtiss-Wright mission computers are designed and manufactured leveraging our decades of experience innovating smaller, stronger, smarter and faster defense solutions. Our system specialists are well equipped to address your system integration and program management requirements, helping you to maximize your commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) content or leverage an existing custom solution. Build your own application using one of our many trusted and proven systems, or use our expertise to create specific system solutions with tailored, optimized functionality for a specific platform or program.
Our mission computing product families include rugged small form factor (SFF) COTS mission computer subsystems (Parvus DuraCOR) with modular, expandable designs, powerful graphics and data processing capabilities together with ultra-reliable mechanical robustness. Other families include 3U and 6U-based Multi-Platform Mission Computer (MPMC) products, a selection of packaged COTS systems comprised of VPX, VMEbus or XMC backplanes housed in rugged chassis fully pre-configured with power supplies. These MPMC systems offer the unprecedented processing power and standard interfaces required by modern mission computers.
Curtiss-Wright’s selection of mission computers includes:
- Rugged COTS mission computer subsystems
- Environmentally-hardened subsystems — tailored to specific needs
- Field-tested, MIL-STD qualified mission processors
With Curtiss-Wright’s pre-integrated, pre-qualified subsystems packaged by the factory to meet program requirements, customers dramatically reduce scheduling risk and program management overhead, while maximizing use of open architecture COTS technologies. Each unit features electrical/mechanical I/O expansion capabilities that enable rapid integration of payload-specific I/O interfaces for avionics, vetronics, situational awareness, and other applications.
Whether you need a rugged embedded SBC or a ready-to-deploy system, Curtiss-Wright is ready to meet your program needs.