VPX3-685 3U VPX 14/17/20-port + 2x 10GbE Managed Ethernet Switch & Secure Router
The VPX3-685 is a fully-featured Layer-2/Layer-3 managed Ethernet router with a highly integrated security subsystem. Enabling the vision of Network Centric connectivity, the VPX3-685 Secure Ethernet Network Router provides an accelerated path to secure network-ready architectures that can interoperate seamlessly within the Global Information Grid (GIG). The VPX3-685 Secure Ethernet Network Router provides the strongest perimeter defense available for your data, in a small 3U VPX form factor.
The VPX3-685 Secure Ethernet Network Router provides up to 20x Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) interfaces, and scales to meet small to large platform requirements through flexible software and port configuration capability. Unused GbE ports can be disabled for lower power consumption. Up to two 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) ports are available depending on board options, enabling high-speed switch-to-switch expansion, dual-redundant networks (fail-over), or for architecting high-performance 10Gb/s network backbones. Embedded backplane routing can be achieved with standard Base-T or SerDes GbE and 10GbE XAUI interfaces. A Rear Transition Module (RTM) is available for lab and development use, providing separate connections for all interfaces.
The VPX3-685 Secure Ethernet Network Router follows in the footsteps of our popular 68x series switches/routers, with extensive Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching and routing features, supporting a comprehensive set of industry standard RFCs. The VPX3-685 Ethernet Router also supports a familiar industry standard CLI for setup and configuration as well as SNMP and Web management interfaces, accelerating development time to market and simplifying maintenance support.
Addressing the growing need for secure network communications, the VPX3-685 Secure Ethernet Network Router is an ideal solution to prevent unauthorized access to critical information for applications deployed in air, land, and sea platforms. Securing all possible entry points from attack, the VPX3-685 can be used to secure a data storage network, or protect mission critical applications from viruses, trojans, IP Spoofing, Denial of Service (DoS) and other forms of hostile attack.
The VPX3-685 Secure Ethernet Network Router incorporates Enhanced Security Software and a high-performance hardware-based security engine. This all-in-one Unified Threat Management (UTM) system provides VLANs and VPN (IPSec/PPTP/L2TP) to protect dedicated networks, a stateful firewall to protect against multiple evasive attacks, Network Address Translation (NAT) routing for IPv4 masquerading, port and protocol-based Access Control Lists (ACL), Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 with IPSec tunneling for secure communications channels, and advanced standards-based cryptographic functions such as encryption, decryption, authentication, and key generation.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- White Paper: An Introduction to Network Security
- White Paper: Backplane Ethernet: Enabling High-Performance Embedded Systems
- White Paper: Embedded Ethernet - Physical Layer Standards
- White Paper: Speeding Up Design Verification Testing of VPX Systems
- Application Note: Benefits and Implementation of Network Multicast in Embedded Computing Architectures
- Application Note: Options for Adding Ethernet Ports to Embedded Systems
- Application Note: Connecting Off-board Devices to Curtiss-Wright 1000Base-X SerDes Ethernet Switches
- Application Note: Incorporating FPGA Processing Directly into Ethernet Networks
- 05/05/14 - Curtiss-Wright's VPX3-685 Secure Network Router Achieves FIPS and Common Criteria Certifications
- COTS Boards Brochure
- 3U VPX form factor, complies with OpenVPX™/VITA 65 standards
- Fully Managed Secure Network Router
- Flexible port configurations to rear VPX connectors
- 12x 10/100/1000Base-T, plus either:
- 2x 10GbE ports
- 1x 10GbE ports + 4x GbE SerDes
- 0x 10GbE ports + 8x GbE SerDes
- 12x 10/100/1000Base-T, plus either:
- High-performance Layer 2/3+ features
- Wire-speed non-blocking IPv4/v6
- Extensive IETF RFCs support
- Switching, VLANs, Routing, Multicasting, Tunneling
- Port Mirroring, Flow Control, QoS and Traffic Shaping using CoS
- SSH, SSL
- Flexible Management Features
- Serial, in-band, and dedicated maintenance ports
- Fast boot configurations
- Enhanced Security Processor with extensive secure software support
- Statefull Firewall
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Access Control List (ACL) filtering
- VPN with secure tunneling support (IPSec/I2TP)
- Intrusion detection and content filtering
- Security Certified to FIPS 140-2 and Common Criteria EAL2+
- Declassification capability for secure erasure
- Extensive Built-In Test (BIT) features
- Full IPMI support
- Field upgradeable software
- Air-cooled and Conduction-cooled versions
24 x 10/100/1000-ports and 2x 10GbE-port VME Managed/Unmanaged Ethernet Switch/Router Enabling the vision of inter-networked heterogeneous military and aerospace systems in the Global...
Enabling the vision of net-centric operations and extending the reach of transformational networks, the VPX3-683 Fireblade is a GbE multi-layer switch that is ideally suited for building...
Curtiss-Wright's VPX6-684 FireBlade provides Systems Integrators with a fast, secure and unified approach to interconnect subsystems, chassis, cards, and compute nodes within any given platform...
The VPX6-6902 is a combined management, control and dataplane switch for small, mid-size and large 6U VPX systems. Supporting a centralized switch architecture in both star and dual-star...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.