XMC-280 HD Real-Time JPEG2000 Mezzanine
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- Acquires and displays two channels of high-definition video 1920x1200 at 60Hz.
- Real-time JPEG2000 encoding and decoding on each channel.
- Designed to minimize latency.
- Programmable compression ratios with option to transfer uncompressed video.
- PAL/NTSC, DVI and RGB input as standard, designed to support other interfaces in the future.
- Two channels of DVI output
- Available as an XMC module designed for deployment in a wide range of defense and aerospace applications; for other form-factors please contact the design center.
- Fully integrated with Curtiss-Wright's video distribution and recording product families.
The XMC-280 provides real-time JPEG2000 compression of two video channels at resolutions up to 1920x1200 pixels at 60Hz. This state-of-the-art capability makes it ideal for high-definition video distribution and recording applications. JPEG2000 offers low latency, resilience against errors and a great balance of compression and quality. FPGA-based processing is required to implement the computationally intensive JPEG2000 algorithm in real-time and three performance grades of core provide the optimal balance of price and capability.
The XMC-280 is available in two configurations. In compression mode the XMC-280 captures two input channels encoded into a JPEG2000-compliant data steam and transmits over the PCI Express® (PCIe) interface. In the decompression configuration the XMC-280 receives two JPEG2000 compressed video data streams over the PCIe interface and displays on two independent DVI outputs.
Co-processor operation is supported in both configurations. In co-processor operation the video inputs and outputs are not used and the XMC-280 acts as a JPEG2000 processor. It transfers both compressed and uncompressed video over the PCIe interface.
Co-processor mode also supports applications involving multiple video channels that must be decoded without display – for instance, when compressed video received from a network needs to be decompressed so the images may be processed later.
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.