VPX6-1958 6U VPX Intel Core i7 Haswell SBC
The VPX6-1958 rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX Single Board Computer (SBC) combines Intel's powerful Core i7 processor with the power and flexibility of the VPX platform's high speed fabric interconnects. The VPX6-1958 supports Intel's 4th Generation Core i7-4700EQ processor. Utilizing this advanced Quad-Core CPU and Curtiss-Wright's proven ruggedization technology, the VPX6-1958 excels in harsh environments, making it ideal for architecting high performance computing and processing systems utilizing DSP, GPGPU and FPGA modules, and/or multiple SBC processors.
With a high speed, dual-channel DDR3 memory subsystem connected directly to the processor supporting up to 32 GB SDRAM, the VPX6-1958 is able to maximize the performance of the multiple processing and GPU cores and AVX2 floating-point processing units of the Core i7 processor. The Core i7 is also equipped with L3 cache, allowing it to process larger vectors at peak rates than previous processor technologies.
Up to 128 GB of SATA NAND flash memory make the VPX6-1958 ideal for handling applications with demanding storage, data logging and sensor processing requirements.
The VPX6-1958 includes dual mezzanine sites - two XMC or one PMC and one XMC module - supporting a wide variety of mezzanine daughter cards.
For Data Plane connectivity, the VPX6-1958 supports dual 40 gigabit fabric ports, supporting 10G and 40G Ethernet as well as InfiniBand SDR, DDR, QDR and FDR-10 (40G) modes. For Expansion Plane connectivity, the VPX6-1958 supports 16 lanes of PCI Express (PCIe), with flexible port configurations (1x16, 2x8, 4x4) and speeds up to Gen3 (8GT/s). Data can also flow from the VPX backplane to the XMC site to support demanding high bandwidth applications such as sensor and data processing or video/graphics mezzanines. The VPX6-1958 6U VPX SBC supports a host of standard I/O including four independent Gigabit Ethernet ports, multiple RS-232, RS-422, SATA and USB ports, discrete DIO, DVI and dual-mode DisplayPort and VGA, and analog audio ports.
A wide range of popular operating systems are supported on the VPX6-1958, including Linux (Fedora and RHEL), VxWorks, Microsoft Windows Embedded 7 and LynxOS.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- VPX6-1958 6U OpenVPX Intel 4th Gen Core I7 SBC Product Sheet
- Intel SBC family fact sheet
- COTS Hardware Supporting Lynx Software
- White Paper: Massive SSD Storage on Intel Single Board Computers
- White Paper: Understanding Intel Processor Throttling for Defense Applications
- Application Note: Hosting User Interfaces with COTS Products - Embedded Graphics on Intel-based Single Board Computers
- 6U GPGPU Quick Start Kit Fact Sheet
- Application Note: I/O Expansion for COTS-based Embedded Systems
- Application Note: Options for Adding Ethernet Ports to Embedded Systems
- OpenHPEC Accelerator Suite Quick Start Kit
- White Paper: Understanding HPEC Computing - The Ten Axioms
- OpenHPEC Accelerator Suite Product Sheet
- Continuum Math Libraries Product Sheet
- White Paper: Fabric40 - An Introduction
- HPEC MPI/OFED Software Platform datasheet
- White Paper: Addressing the Challenges of Lead-free Technology in Mil-Aero Electronics
- White Paper: A Comparison of OpenVPX System Bandwidth Between Serial RapidIO and 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- White Paper: Introduction to Hypervisor Technology (Part 1)
- COTS Boards Brochure
- 6U VPX form factor
- Intel 4th Generation Core i7 Quad-Core 22nm processor, Haswell
- 2.4 GHz
- Quad-Core CPU
- 6 MB L3 cache
- Intel AVX Floating Point
- Up to 32 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- 8 to 128 GB SATA-based NAND flash drive
- Intel VT-d & TxT support
- One XMC/PMC site and one XMC site
- Intel Graphics: (2) DVI and (1) VGA
- Additional I/O:
- (4) Gigabit Ethernet (Dual TX+ Dual SerDes available)
- (1) AC97 Audio port
- (2) RS-232
- (2) RS-422
- (8) GPIO
- (3) USB 2.0 and (1) USB 2.0/3.0
- (4) SATA
- Backplane fabric:
- (2) 40 GbE (quad planned)
- 16 lanes of PCIe3 with flexible port configurations (1x16, 2x8, 4x4)
- TPM Support (optional)
- Ruggedized air-cooled, conduction-cooled, and Air Flow Through (AFT) cooling
- Windows WES7, Linux, VxWorks, LynxOS and RHEL
The CHAMP-AV9 combines the floating point performance of the Intel Core i7 processors, with the substantial bandwidth and system-enabling features of the 6U OpenVPX form-factor. Providing a pair of...
Developing software can be a frustrating and burdensome process, always taking longer than expected and exceeding expected costs. Turning to software libraries allows you to easily find the...
The Curtiss-Wright MPMC-9655 6U 5-slot embedded subsystem is fully qualified and ready to handle multiple applications in harsh environments. It meets the needs of a wide range of deployable...
See all of our MAE Innovator Award Winning Products here Embedded software tools for High Performance Embedded Computing Using the new generation of multi-core CPUs and GPUs as...
The VPX6-1957 is a rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX single board computer (SBC) based on the Gen3 Intel Core i7 processor. The VPX6-1957 is fully-featured 6U OpenVPX SBC, designed for harsh...
The VPX6-490 GP-GPU Application Accelerator provides two NVIDIA Fermi architecture GPU devices on a 6U VPX board. Based on industry-standard MXM modules, the VPX6-490 is fitted with a pair...
The VPX6-6902 is a combined management, control and dataplane switch for small, mid-size and large 6U VPX systems. Supporting a centralized switch architecture in both star and dual-star...
The XMC-FPGA05D high density I/O module controlled by a user programmable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA and supported by a range of front panel I/O modules including analog I/O, RS-485/422, LVDS and Camera...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.