HENSOLDT DO-254 / DO-178C Certifiable Mission Computer
Today’s challenging airborne missions need powerful systems. While DO-254 / DO-178C safety certification of these systems is imperative, development is also complex, time-consuming and costly, which leaves developers frantically trying to decipher the regulating authorities’ requirements while maintaining their time to market schedule and budget. Certification also poses certain risks and challenges for end users needing to change their mission profiles during an aircraft’s lifecycle.
HENSOLDT, Curtiss-Wright, and CoreAVI have partnered to create a new Safety-Certifiable Mission Computer that delivers both safety critical functions and high performance - all in one rugged chassis. Hensoldt can provide system/equipment design and qualification along with platform and application software.
- Multi-core processing technology
- DO-254 / DO-178C DAL C Safety-Certifiable with available artifact kits
- Multi-channel video capture and HD graphics with analog and digital interfaces
- Ability to adapt aircraft mission computers during the aircraft’s in-service lifecycle simply by adding new applications
- Building blocks allow system to be available for rapid prototyping as requirements evolve
- Highly robust, reliable, and SWaP-optimized
How It Works
Our Safety-Certifiable Mission Computer is made up of two physically segregated functional areas, assigned to safety critical and non-safety critical requirements. Each area features assigned hardware components which are designed to specific functional and criticality requirements of the applications.
- Safe Area:
- Hosts safety-critical functions at DO-254, DO-178C DAL C or higher (e.g. Digital Map or Terrain Awareness) and provides the interfaces to the aircraft avionics system.
- App Area:
- Hosts Apps that implement specialized data processing functions incorporating sensor and cockpit data e.g. video processing, sensor data fusion. The Apps run on commercial operating systems.
- Performs hardware segregation of both Safe and App Areas and executes intelligent software monitoring of the App Area.
- Prevents direct access from the App Area to the safety critical elements of an aircraft avionics system. Data such as computation results can be exchanged between the App Area and Safe Area through a well-defined protocol.
- New Apps can be developed independently from hardware and aircraft environment.
- Cyber resilience is integrated by security shell technologies.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- DO-254 Safety Certifiable Mission Computer Brochure
- HENSOLDT Mission Computing Brochure
- COTS Hardware Supporting Wind River OSs Brochure
- VPX3-150 NXP QorIQ P5020 SBC Product Sheet
- VPX3-1220 3U VPX 7th Gen Intel Xeon Single Board Computer
- VPX3-718 3U VPX Graphics/Video Controller Product Sheet
- VPX3-719 Safety Certifiable 3U VPX AMD E8860 Graphics and Video Capture Module Product Sheet
- VPX3-611 DO-254 Certifiable I/O Module Product Sheet
- SferiAdvise - Digital Map & Mission Management System Ready Application Factsheet
- Curtiss-Wright production-ready Single Board Computers, MPSoc, Graphics Modules and Interface Modules
- HENSOLDT chassis, platform and application software
- VITA 46 OpenVPX 3U standard modules
- Customized form factors
- Memory: minimum 256 GB
- Interfaces: MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, UART, I2S, SPI, Discrete, Gigabit Ethernet, HD-SDI in/out, SMPTE-292M, DVI
- Housing: ARINC 600 3U VPX
- Weight: ~7 kg
- Power: 28 VDC
- Environmental: -40 - +70°C
- Flexible I/O: certifiable and deterministic FPGA-based interface solution
- Safety-certification artefacts for hardware and software in SAFE AREA according to DO 254, DO-178C DAL C (DAL B on request)
- Operating Systems Graphic Drivers and Support Libraries
- Wind River VxWorks 6.9 or VxWorks 653 V2.5
- Graphics driver CoreAVI OpenGL SC 1.0
- Microsoft Windows or Linux other OS on request
- App Development Kit
- Full multi-core library support and x86 / x64 ecosystem (e.g. Intel MKL, IPP, OpenCL, OpenCV and others)
- Digital Mapping applications
- Synthetic Vision Systems
- Terrain Awareness
- Enhanced Tactical Information
- Automated Sensor Data Processing
The VPX3-150 3U VPX Single Board Computer (SBC) is targeted at avionics applications where a cost effective COTS alternative to custom developed DO-254 & DO-178 Safety Certifiable solutions can...
The VPX3-133 3U VPX Power Architecture Single Board Computer (SBC) is designed with the NXP QorIQ T2080 processor. The T2080 with its 4 dual threaded 64-bit Power Architecture cores, each equipped...
The VPX3-1220 from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions is a high performance, safety certifiable Single Board Computer (SBC) featuring the latest 7th Generation Intel Kaby Lake Xeon processor....
VPX3-718 DO-254/DO-178 Safety Certifiable 3U VPX/OpenVPX AMD E8860 Graphics and Video Capture Module
The VPX3-718 3U VPX Graphics and Video module is a rugged, highly integrated small form factor COTS module ideal for avionics applications where a cost effective COTS alternative to custom...
VPX3-719 DO-254 and DO-178C Safety Certifiable 3U VPX/OpenVPX AMD E8860 Graphics and Video Capture Module
The VPX3-719 is an industry-leading rugged 3U OpenVPX, high performance graphics processing combination module based on the AMD Radeon E8860 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) with video capture and...
The VPX3-611 I/O module allows customers the ability to incorporate a wide variety of I/O into military and aerospace embedded computing systems, and can be used in Safety Certifiable and...
The SferiAdvise Digital Map and Mission Management Software developed by HENSOLDT is pre-tested and pre-validated on Curtiss-Wright's rugged COTS modules. This solution significantly reduces the...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.