GVDU Mission Displays
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- White Paper: Modern Rugged Displays Give Operators Critical New Visibility
- White Paper: Projected Capacitive (PCAP) Touch Screens In Defense and Aerospace
- White Paper: Why Smart Video Displays May Not Be the Cleverest Choice
- White Paper: Ground Vehicle Modernization with VICTORY and GVA
- White Paper: Ground Vehicle Video Management System Integration
- White Paper: Reducing Integration Headaches with Ground Vehicle Optimized Displays
- White Paper: Characteristics of Quality Mission Displays
- White Paper: Reducing Latency in Ground Vehicle Video Systems
- System Solutions Brochure
- Vetronics Solutions Brochure
- MIL-STD Rugged design
- High brightness, high contrast screen
- Sealed interface connectors
- GVA User-defined bezel buttons
- GVA DEF-STD 00-82 Digital video
- Projected capacitive touchscreen
- Flexible mounting options
- Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance
- Situational awareness
- Maps and navigation
Curtiss-Wright’s AVDU range of rugged mission displays offers a unique combination of new technology, including optically-bonded glass and dual mode NVIS-compatible LED backlighting, and a rich...
As modern land vehicles increasingly depend on the proliferation of cameras mounted on the vehicle to provide 360 degree situational awareness, the need for low cost, size, weight, and power...
Curtiss-Wright’s SVDU range of rugged mission displays offers a unique combination of new technology, including optically-bonded glass, dual mode NVIS-compatible LED backlighting, and full...
A growing challenge for system integrators is getting the most effective use out of the proliferating number of deployed cameras and displays without adding weight and taking up space, in an...
Curtiss-Wright has decades of industry-leading experience developing reliable, rugged, mission displays for extreme environments and applications. To complement its AVDU (Advanced Video Display Unit) and its SVDU (Single Video Display Unit) ranges, the GVDU range is developed with ground vehicle requirements, and specifically the Generic Vehicle Architecture (GVA) standard, in mind. The GVDU range of displays combine military rugged design, in a size, weight and power (SWaP) optimized display with market-leading performance and a rich, ﬂexible set of features including GVA programmable bezel buttons and video over Ethernet capability based on the MODUK DEF-STAN 00-82.
The GVDU range will be available in 10.4”, 12.1” and 15.6”. Larger sizes (17” and 21.5” for example) may be available upon request. All displays are fully qualified to established military environmental standards and can be connected to a wide variety of video sources.
GVDU displays offer a unique combination of new technology, including optically-bonded glass for perfect anytime readability, as well as full touchscreen operation based on a unique projected capacitive touchscreen that offers multi-touch as well as gloved and wet operation.
An internal embedded processor enables the displays to provide an enhanced set of interfaces including Ethernet, USB, RS-232/RS-422 and GPIO. The internal processor provides DEF-STAN 00-82 video over Ethernet capability, graphics input to the displays, and receives all touchscreen and bezel button operations. The processor may be used to implement a map display, function as a mission computer, or decompress and display network video, amongst many other possibilities.
The standard environmental specification is presented in the table below. With decades of experience providing sophisticated computing systems to defense land vehicles, Curtiss-Wright knows that special environmental requirements are the norm; assessing and qualifying special requests can be accommodated.
2020 MAE Innovators Silver Award Winner - read more
|GVDU2600||10.4"||4:3||1024 x 768|
|GVDU3000||12"||4:3||1024 x 768|
|GVDU4000||15.6"||16:9||1920 x 1080|
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.