VPX3-1220 3U VPX 7th Gen Intel Xeon Single Board Computer
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- VPX3-1220 3U VPX 7th Gen Intel Xeon SBC Product Sheet
- Dolphin PCIe Fabric Communications Library Data Sheet
- White Paper: Accelerate Time-To-Market With Safety-Certifiable Airborne Electronics Hardware
- Case Study: Building a Truly Trusted Computing Solution with COTS Hardware and Intel Security Capabilities
- COTS Hardware Supporting Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 tuMP Brochure
- COTS Hardware Supporting Wind River OSs Brochure
- COTS Hardware Supporting Lynx Software Brochure
- DO-254 & DO-178 Safety-Certifiable COTS Solutions Brochure
- Intel Xeon 7th Gen Kaby Lake processor
- Quad-Core (8-thread) E3-1505L v6 CPU with Turbo
- Up to 32 GB DDR4 with ECC
- Up to 32 GB SATA NAND flash
- Supports XMC expansion mezzanine
- Available in air-cooled and conduction-cooled versions
- Supports Linux (Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)), VxWorks, Microsoft Windows Embedded, and VMware
- Safety Certifiable Artifact Kit available (DO-254 DAL-C)
- Safety Certifiable applications
- General computing and mission processing
- Graphics processing driving up to 3 digital displays
- High Performance Embedded Computing (HPEC) systems
- Multi-SBC systems for advanced processing and ISR applications
The VPX3-1259 from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions is a high performance Single Board Computer (SBC) featuring the 5th Generation Intel Core i7 (Broadwell) processor. Pin-compatible with our...
The VPX3-1258 from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions is a high performance Single Board Computer (SBC) featuring the 4th Gen Intel Core i7 (Haswell) processor. Pin-compatible with our previous...
Designed for space-constrained size, weight and power (SWaP)-sensitive programs, the XMC-121 small form factor Intel Xeon x86 single board computer (SBC) offers extremely powerful x86 processing...
The VPX3-611 I/O module allows customers the ability to incorporate a wide variety of I/O into military and aerospace embedded computing systems, and can be used in Safety Certifiable and...
The VPX3-716 is an industry-leading rugged 3U VPX/OpenVPX, high performance graphics processor based on the AMD Radeon E8860 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU). The E8860 meets the long lifecycle...
The VPX3-1220 from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions is a high-performance, safety-certifiable single board computer (SBC) featuring the latest 7th Generation Intel Kaby Lake Xeon processor. Pin-compatible with our previous generations of Intel SBCs, the VPX3-1220 offers powerful Intel processing in the smallest 3U form factor, and is specifically designed with low-power technologies to meet today’s size, weight and power (SWaP) challenges.
The Intel Xeon processor offers quad-core (8-thread) performance at up to 2.2 GHz. With up to 32 GB of dual-channel, high-speed ECC-protected DDR4 memory, the VPX3-1220 provides up to 34 GB/s memory throughput, maximizing the capabilities of the processor. The processor also features AVX and AVX2 SIMD extensions, accelerating math-intensive algorithms. The Intel Xeon processor includes an enhanced Intel HD Graphics P630 GPU, offering Gen 9 discrete GPU performance with OpenGL for graphics-intensive applications. It also serves as a 24-core GPGPU, with performance up to 403 GFLOPS and OpenCL support for data processing-intensive applications. The Kaby Lake processor also has dedicated hardware codec support for H.264/H.265/HEVC, accelerating media-intensive processing for up to 4K image streams.
The VPX3-1220 is designed for lower-power applications with moderate to high performance requirements, and features an E3-1505L v6 25W Xeon processor at 2.2 GHz. Turbo operation increases performance up to 3.0 GHz. With up to 32 GB of high speed SATA flash memory and 512 KB user NVRAM, the VPX3-1220 is ideal for handling complex applications with demanding sensor processing requirements, or high speed data processing, logging and storage needs. Users can add a Curtiss- Wright XMC-554 storage mezzanine for up to 2 TB of additional storage in a single slot.
The VPX3-1220 also features high speed PCI Express (PCIe) Gen3 connectivity. The VPX backplane supports eight lanes of configurable PCIe fabric, offering NTB capabilities and supporting 8-lane, 4-lane, and 2-lane port widths. A local XMC mezzanine site supports an independent 8-lane PCIe Gen3 bus directly to the processor. These features make the VPX3-1220 an ideal building block when architecting systems requiring processor expansion or when connecting multiple processor boards together to create a high performance embedded system for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing.
The VPX3-1220 is supported with an extensive suite of industrystandard operating systems such as Linux (Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)), VxWorks, Microsoft Windows Embedded, VMware for virtualized applications environments, and 3rd party support for safety certifiable operating systems (OSs) such as Wind River 653, Green Hills INTEGRITY tuMP, LynxOS-178, and LynxSecure.
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.