Safety Certification for Manned and Unmanned Aircraft Systems
DO-254 & DO-178B safety certification for manned and unmanned aerial vehicles can be a costly and time consuming undertaking, especially if the process is new to your organization. Working with a vendor that can provide Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) modules and systems that are designed for safety certification can significantly reduce your program’s cost, development time, and overall certification risk.
Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions has extensive experience and decades of proven success in providing hardware and software developed with safety certification artifacts for RTCA DO-254 and DO-178 levels A, B, C and D. Our range of solutions covers process-intensive civil and military embedded systems, highly configurable mission computers, data acquisition systems, data concentrators, air data computers and flight data recorders. We have the expertise to help you save time getting your systems certified.
COTS Modules Designed for Safety Certification
An alternative to more costly custom designs, Curtiss-Wright’s Safety-Certifiable COTS Graphics, I/O and Single Board Computer modules reduce the cost and development risk for designers of systems with DO-254 and DO-178B safety certification requirements by providing the design artifact packages required to support successful safety certification. With these artifact packages in hand, system designers can focus on developing critical aviation applications for manned or unmanned aircraft systems, ultimately reducing overall development time.
Curtiss-Wright’s COTS modules designed for safety certification can be modified to meet your unique hardware and software requirements, and Curtiss-Wright can provide the appropriate planning and design documents to support your certification effort.
Benefits of Curtiss-Wright Safety-Certifiable COTS
- Leverage our standard product portfolio and the development experience we have gained over multiple programs and customers to your financial benefit
Increased Speed to Market
- Compress development schedules and reduce development risk with proven base product technology
- Begin application development immediately on Curtiss-Wright standard product in conjunction with product customization
Leveraged Technology Innovation
- Access Curtiss-Wright's extensive library of hardware and software design modules
- Benefit from Curtiss-Wright's on-going investment and commitment to product research and development
- Combine and enhance features from a variety of products to quickly and cost-effectively meet program technical requirements
- Reduce your program and schedule risk by engaging a specialist in the technology area
- Enjoy the added security of Curtiss-Wright's extensive program management capabilities